Saturday 17 August 2013


Friday, 16 August 2013

This week I have been mostly ...

On Sunday evening Rod arrived with two dead rabbits and left after a couple of glasses of whiskey.
On Monday I was mostly a butcher. How to prepare rabbit.
1. Cut off the head.
2. Cut off the feet.
3. Insert the point of a sharp knife through the skin in the chest area and slit up a few inches.
4. Tear the skin up and apart, push first on foreleg through, then the other.
5. Free at the neck and pull down, stripping the skin until the pelt is off the hind legs.
Pull hard to finally separate the pelt from the body.
6. Slit the belly open from til to ribcage and remove the guts, lungs and heart.
7. Joint the carcass - two front legs with shoulders, two hind legs, ribcage with backbone, backbone to hips, hips to tail.
8. Put legs and back into a bag and put in the freezer.

Cooking (some of) the rabbit.
1. Put the ribcage and tail sections in a pot and cover with water. Put on the stove.
2. While it warms up chop an onion, two carrots, two potatoes and add to the pot.
3. Throw in a handful of lentils, a handful of pearl barley and some seasoning (salt, pepper, carribbean everyday seasoning, hot chile powder etc).
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for a half an hour or so while you read a book.
5. Lift out the rabbit sand leave to cool for a few minutes, then separate the meat from the bone and put the meat back in.
6. Bring to the boil again.
7 Eat.

On Tuesday morning I was mostly a pop singer, but in the afternoon I was mostly a roofer and labourer for Rod's shed/dog kennel.

On Wednesday I was mostly a cyclist, but after fifteen miles I had a puncture and became mostly a walker pushing a bike. After three miles I bought a new tire and inner tube and replaced the perished tire and tube.
After being a grandad for a couple of hours I became mostly a cyclist again and got home safely. I celebrated with three pints of Adnams Southwold Bitter at The Ship.

On Thursday I was mostly a grandad again but not a cyclist.

On Friday it rained so I am being mostly a blogger and website developer.
Listed on my website now are two short collection of poetry and two novels.


Friday, 9 August 2013
Today, mostly, I was shopping.

11.15 a.m. In the town of Spalding to get new glasses. Vision Express had the privilege. I sat beside a mature lady and we listened to a discussion about computers. The man didn’t use one, nor credit cards, so he had to leave the shop to go to the bank to withdraw more money because his new glasses were more expensive than he had expected.
“I use the computer,” she said to me. That’s how I got my new partner. Internet. My husband’s been dead six years. His wife five. Not a great love, but it’s nice to have someone around.”
I enjoy interesting conversations.


No comments:

Post a Comment